Moving into my new flat, in the new city,
left me totally broke.
I’ve been out of money before,
but this time it’s harsh.
No emergency funds at all.
On the plus side:
I always wanted to reduce my life to the max.
So I am going
What is ultra minimal?
For me it’s going down to the bare essentials.
It’s not living in poverty,
but it’s giving up on all the fluff I don’t need anyway.
The plan is to make a very strict (prioritized) list
and just make a cut “somewhere”.
My starting essentials (in unsorted order) so far are:
- A bed.
- A desk.
- A kitchen table (plus chairs).
- My notebook (there’s also the company issued equipment, but I don’t count that)
- A 24″ screen which also serves as a DVD/Video display.
- Some clothes. (Actually quite a few, but that will be an extra list).
- Personal hygenie equipment. (aka toothbrush, shaver, et al)
Some things that are already planned:
- A fridge.
- A washing machine.
- A couch.
- A living room table.
These lists are not the end yet,
but I lived with this little stuff for a few weeks now
and it’s not that I miss much.
I’ll see how that goes.